Is this right pitch prop for my set-up?????

Rodrunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys just bought a brand new boat. Not to sure if the dealer knows what he is doing so I need your input. I bought a 18.5' Fisher deep V fish/ski combo. Put a 150H optimax on the back. My manual says at full throttle I shoulb be between 5200-5700 RPM's. Gonna out her in the water for the first time on wed. My dealer put a 19 pitch 3 blade aluminum prop. Not sure on the diameter. Does this sound right to you guys or is there any way to tell with the info given. I plan to use the boat to fish and ski. thanks a bunch

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is this right pitch prop for my set-up?????

I'm not an expert but:: It sure seems like the place to start to me.

Rodrunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for your reply. What do you base your statement from. I'm only asking so I have my own insight from others opinions..Thanks Jason

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Hello Jason,Check your personal message tab at the top of the prop forum.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

While that prop is a good place to start, why don't you make a few runs and then post what rpm wot actually is. We can then fine tune the setup. I'm thinking that engine should be able to twist a 21P on that size boat. I run a 19P on my 17 foot walleye boat powered with a 75 HP Merc.

Irv964

Petty Officer 1st Class

While that prop is a good place to start, why don't you make a few runs and then post what rpm wot actually is. We can then fine tune the setup. I'm thinking that engine should be able to twist a 21P on that size boat. I run a 19P on my 17 foot walleye boat powered with a 75 HP Merc.

Silvertip, are you running a SS or Aluminum prop? What make is either prop?......

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Quicksilver aluminum. Again, don't get too concerned about props until you know how your current prop performs. If you are close to the top end of the rpm band with an average load, raising the engine a tad (not trimming) may gain the rpm you need. Once you have height maximized, then work with props if you need to.