Need advice to repair Evenrude

2hp with an internal fuel tank. When I open the valve to open the fuel line to start the motor, gas drips out the front of the carb. I have been told several answers by back yard mechanic's that are: Need carb kit. need carb cleaning. Need needle and seat. Float is stuck. I've always had great advice on this site B4, so , I need some. Thanks in advance.

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Re: Need advice to repair Evenrude

Either the float or the needle valve.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

well you float needle is not closing. but it never hurts to clean and rebuild the carb.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

2hp with an internal fuel tank. When I open the valve to open the fuel line to start the motor, gas drips out the front of the carb. I have been told several answers by back yard mechanic's that are: Need carb kit. need carb cleaning. Need needle and seat. Float is stuck. I've always had great advice on this site B4, so , I need some. Thanks in advance.

Any/all of the above are correct. The float closes the float valve, stopping the flow. The float could be sinking, or out of adjustment, or the float valve could be sticking, or has dirt holding it open, or is just plain worn out. Anyway, when you take it apart you should replace the gaskets. Everything you need comes in the kit, including a new float valve and sometimes a float..depending on where you buy the kit.