Tackle box/ storage

FLATHEAD

Commander
How much tackle do you drag around with you. I used to have several huge tackle bags filled with tackle that went with me to the lakes. I'm talking at least a dozen 3700 series boxes full plus some. Over the years I have found that most of this stuff just takes up room. For fishing my normal lakes I now have it narrowed down to one small bag, (I got it free when I bought a trolling motor) IT holds four smallish plastic compartments, enough to keep the stuff that I use all the time. I catch just as many fish and have that much less crap to deal with. I still take lots of stuff to new lakes.

Most of those boxes of tackle sit in my room here collecting dust. I found that I just don't need all that stuff.

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tackle box/ storage

i had that exact same realization.... now i have 2 small tackle boxes that i bring with me, one for fresh one for salt. then i have a giant pile of tackle boxes and loose stuff in my closet that is my home base. like you said i bring a fraction of what i used to when i go fishing and i still catch the same amount of fish.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I am only half way to enlightenment. I realize I don't need or use all that stuff but I still take it any way. :rolleyes:

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

I have cut my box in half over the past 2 weeks. I have kept all of the items in there but I have reorganized my boxes and bought the new Falcon FTO boxes. They really hold a ton of stuff and make more room in my bag. Dont know if this is good or bad but its not as bulky

rndn

Commander

I need to make sure my wife doesn't read this post. It took several years to finally get her to understand, or at least tolerate, that one can never have too much tackle. I know when I go out fishing, I only use 2 or 3 different lures but it's always nice to know that I have soooo much more if I ever need it or at least for show.

patrickray

Petty Officer 1st Class

Same problem, Four large boxes. Went through them all and got it narrowed down to two. One medium size and one small. Everything else is on ebay. Just got to be too much work luging all that tackle around. Then deciding whitch one to use.

jennis9

Petty Officer 1st Class

we just picked up a great storage closet with glass doors and shelves. organized all of the tackle and gear into deep, shallow, divers and put it into shallow, clear boxes and labeled them so we can just walk up to the closet and get the gear fast (in case of emergencies, you know).

we had so much tackle that we had to figure out a way to consolidate for trips out. we still have an abreviated tackle box on the boat so we always know we'll have whatever rig we want when the report comes over the radio that they're hitting on chartreuse or worm harnesses...

so far - good system. and it's staying semi-organized. the only thing we might not have is the color of the day because we don't own it yet.