14' johnboat honda inboard??????

luckytempo93

Cadet
has anyone ever done a conversion to an aluminum johnboat to where they installed a honda car engine into it? im thinking of doing that. kinda of a speed nut and 45 is not fast enough for my 17' nitro bass boat. and i just want another project. i have heard of the jetski swapps into johnboats but i want more... lolmaybe we can come up with some ideas on how to make this work.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 14' johnboat honda inboard??????

Wouldn't that engine be to much weight for that 14' Jon Boat?

Not only that, the torque of the engine would tare that boat apart, you would have to do some major modifications.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Jet ski to john boat you are really only cutting a couple holes in the boat, the propusion system and engine are already worked out, with a car engine not so much.

Anything can be done if you have the time/equipment and the wallet.
You have torque, weight,cooling,power transmission,exhaust.

That is alot of work and money, if you do it get up pics.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

there is a post here, use the search function, about the jet ski system in john boats.

nbaffaro

Seaman Apprentice

get your self a jet drive. put that in. then get your car engine and then just run a long drive shaft from the motor to the jet so taht you can put the engine in the middle of the boat to even the weight out. then stick a big radiator in the front of the boat and there you go. viola, death machine.