96 Johnson 225 stalling

dixthree

Recruit
After having some water related fuel problems at the end of last season and limping home, I thought I solved the problem by testing with a portable tank and running the motor in my watertub at home. It idled fine and ran well with increased throttle. I then drained the main tank completely and replaced with fresh fuel. Today I launched and idled through a no wake zone with no problem but when I hit the throttle it died at about 2000rpm. It then would start and idle fine but when placed in gear would die again and again. The primer bulb would also go soft but would get hard again after several pumps but the motor continued to stall. I after about 15 minutes of pumping and starting It ran well for a few minutes on the way back to the ramp but died again while putting the boat back on the trailer. I should also say that I have new fuel lines, primer bulb and a new racor water separator along with the new gas. Could this problem be caused by the fuel pump going bad and but only showing up when under a load? Thanks in advance for your replies!