need a good quality fish finder??help..

Rodrunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hey guys,I'm an avid fisherman. I have a good flasher fish finder but am looking for a good quality fishfinder. I'd like to keep it within budget. 5 bills max. Please give me your input based on expierence. I want something that will show good structure. fish where there are actually fish and hard bottom from soft bottom etc. please help me out her so I dont drop 500 on something i'm not going to like thanks a bunch

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: need a good quality fish finder??help..

for 5 bills, you should be able to get anything you want. Surf the web, read reviews etc. I can't help as I'm a budget fisherman, have an Eagle Cuda 168 ( came with the boat) Most of my previous finders were in the 100-200 dollar range. All of them did what I wanted ( tell me the depth so I didn't ruin my prop or outdrive).

Chris

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: need a good quality fish finder??help..

For $500 there are no bad finders , if it were me I would start with lowerance or Eagle(think they are the same company, like Chevy-Pontiac) but Humminbird has some pretty cool ones too.

Go online and find some and start running a pros cons list till you narrow it down to what you need for the way you fish.