Deck Trim (anti skid surface)

Bohunter

Cadet
I recently purchased an older bass boat and it is in very good condition with few exceptions. One matter is that it was manufactured with some trim on some of the surfaces that was some kind of sticky back anti-skid surface (like a tape of some kind). Needless to say it was coming loose at the edges and it was worn. I have removed it and would like to find something to replace it with. I need a few pieces of something about 4" wide by 4ft. long and just a little thicker than heavy paper or thin cardboard. I would even consider a thin textured section of black rubber. If anyone has any suggestions about what to use and where to get it I would enjoy hearing them.
Thanks,
Bohunter.....

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Deck Trim (anti skid surface)

I would just put new no skid tape on it, shouldn't be too hard to find and it is easy to install and lasts for a long time.
If you go with anything else like rubber you are going to run into problems trying to attach it to the boat, the skid tape is ready to go.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Yep...just google on 3m non skid tape, I put some 4' wide strips on my swim platform several years ago and it stills looks and works great!

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Any marine store will carry it, i.e. West, Boater's World. Might even find some in a local hardware store.