Possible to start new forum topic?

traderdavel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm wondering if it is possible to start a new forum topic for iBoats? There are many boat owners on this site that may need some used replacement parts, and I was wondering if a topic can be used for a marketplace. I, myself am looking for V Berth cushions for my boat and can not find them anywhere on the web. Is it possible to have something were users could buy and sell to each other?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Possible to start new forum topic?

They've talked about it. Nothing as of now. Stay tuned . . .

gss036

Commander

I, 2nd the motion. It would great to have that option for "USED PARTS". That way we would not infringe on IBoats sale of new parts.

erikgreen

Captain

I think it would be nice to have.

I also think it would be great if someone could get iboats to host a wiki for some of the really great info that is found on this board, in stickies etc.

Imagine if all the best people chimed in and wrote articles on what plywood to use, how to fix OMC stringers, what batteries work well for trolling motors, and how to teach someone to waterski.

A lot of the info is here right now, but there's a ton of searching and reading to get a clear picture of it, and a lot of people don't seem to want to take the time. Be nice to able to point them to a wiki....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

im sure the powers that be. are trying to put somthing togeather. but in the past, it has failed......used to be a section called thriftys.

but as you can guess, it might be a nightmare for the admin.

but....as said....hang in there...we can all hope :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it is not out of the picture, they are still kicking it around.

woosterken

Lieutenant

trader, check your PM box

woosterken

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

This site is big enough so they could have say 1% of total sales for mainenance fees or similar. I know some of the members here have been more than kind helping out with small obsolete parts for me. I would be happy to make a small donation of every transactionto find that unfindable part..

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

i think it would be great. call it "classifieds" and members could buy, sell, and trade.

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First of all, I think this would be great, however, iboats is a business and they host this forum for all of us free of charge. This site is big enough that if they did start a classifieds section, it wouldn't take long before some "business'" would find out and start competeting with our host. I'm not saying its not a feasable part of the site, but it would take some moderating. I'm always looking for used stuff as opposed to buying new, so I can save a few bucks for the gas tank.

Chris

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tried that.

It was a dreadful pain to moderate because less than 50% read or followed the rules (just like here).

Not likely to try again.