Do you like your Tidewater?

I'm thinking of buying a new (2007) Tidewater 2100 Bay Max w/ a Yamaha 150hp 4-stroke. It's a new boat so I wondered it any of you have experience with them.

Also, I'm getting a great price because the dealer wants to unload the '07. Is there anything I should be concerned about with the year old model? I already asked about the engine sitting there and he said they will put an engine on when I order it. That also means the warranty starts when I buy it, not a year ago.

Anything else I need to know?
The out the door price for boat/motor/trailer (single axle with brakes) is $27,650. The only option I'm adding is a bimini. Does that sound like a good price or do you think I can get it down a little more?

I really like what I see and barring a lousy sea trial I'll be buying it. Help talk me out of it if I'm making a mistake.

Bamboo

Seaman
Re: Do you like your Tidewater?

I can't comment about the price being good/bad, but if you haven't already you might want to see if you can get the Yamaha Extended Service tossed into the package. That is worth about 1500 bones, and extends the factory warranty by three years. The dealer gets a pretty good discount on it too, so it isn't that painful for them. I have a F150 and have been very happy with it...runs strong and quiet. Also, you might want to make sure that if you take it out and can't hit 5800 - 6000 rpm at WOT with a light to medium load that they will exchange props at no charge. These motors don't like to be over propped, and are made to run at WOT for extended periods. The factory states that 5500 - 6000 WOT is OK, but the general experience of F150 owners is that you want the WOT to be on the higher end of that spectrum. If it comes slightly under propped you might even see 6100 depending on the limiter setting and your gauge set. No worries. I've seen a few Tidewaters running the ICW and off shore, and they are nice looking rigs. If you make the deal I'm sure you will enjoy the boat!