1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 - Looking for some parts.

Mscanon99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi All,

I picked up a 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 and looking for some parts. I know they closed up in the late 90's, however the parts I am looking for should not be exclusive to Sunbird.

1. Glass for the windshield. I used to own a Sea Ray and the windshield was Taylor, I don't see any markings on this one however. I need the side glass section. If I don't find this easy, or reasonable I am goind to have a piece of plexi made up.

2. Convertable top mounting brackets. Again, I doubt this is Sunbird exclusive, this is where the 4 poles of the top mount to the windshield. The snaps are there, however the brackets where you cotter pin the poles to the boat are not. The guy I purchased the boat from never put the top on, it was put in the garage when the purchased it new and not moved till I picked up the boat.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this.

Best,

MS

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 - Looking for some parts.

plex or lexan is your best bet on the windshield. are you talking about thumb turns for the top.

Mscanon99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 - Looking for some parts.

Thanks for the recomendation....

Lexan, how is this different than Plexi, does it resist fogging better?

On the other point, thumb turns, I think were on the same page. The top is a convertable, not a bimini, however I think they would mount the same way. There are 4 poles, 2 on each side. The poles have an end cap with a hole in them, I guess what I need is 4 brackets that recieve the end cap and you push a pin through locking them in. From the looks of it, the front two mount on the windshild and I guess the back two mount on the boat.

MS