93' 150 Evinrude will not accelerate

Delta Nitro

Recruit
I have a 93' 150 Evinrude (60 degree).It starts fine when I leave the boat ramp, runs perfect until I shut it off.It restarts fine, high idle (2000rpms),I can touch the hot foot a couple of time the idles seems to come down and when I shift in foward it will idle along(a little rough) but when you try to accelerate, the motor will go dead.This has happened the last 2 times I have taken it out.I have changed the plugs, new fuel with sea foam additive, but no help.The motor will accelerate fine in idle.I would appreciate any help, Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 93' 150 Evinrude will not accelerate

start at the beginning of the trouble shooting cycle. compression on all cylinders with all plugs out. then spark test of all cylinders. but my guess off hand is dirty carbs. you have to have compression 100psi or over, withing 10% of each other, spark jump atleast 1/2 inch, and proper fuel mixture (carbs). what do you spark plugs look like. light brown and dry, oily, black oily??????

Delta Nitro

Recruit

Plugs are brand new, I changed them on Friday and ran the motor on Saturday.The plugs I removed on Friday (about 1 year old)were clean, no fouling or heat indications.I will check compression in the next day or so.How much for carb kits and are they sold as a kit or individual.I appreciate the help, will post again after compression test.Thanks

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Carb kits are about 20 bucks per carb.
When it starts to die try pumping the primer ball to see if it picks back up.

Delta Nitro

Recruit

100-105 psi on all cylinders.no fire on any plugs on left side of motor.A friend suggested power pack, like a dummy I changed it.Just like before, take off run really good for about 8-10 minutes and then began to loss rpms and when I let off the hot foot the motor died.I don't know if it makes any difference but when I removed the brand new plugs (run 2 hours)I installed they seemed really fouled.I am sure anything is possible, but what is the chance of the coils all going out only on the left side???

Delta Nitro

Recruit

One other thing I forgot,I noticed on Saturday and today when it first started losing power I could bump the trim up or down and it picked up for a couple of seconds.I did not think about until I ran the motor today and it began to act up.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks