need help suzuki dt150

ngm

Recruit
i have 1991 dt150 that sometimes looses fire on 3 cyclinders, and no one can tell me what is causeing the problem. just hoping its not the CDI they 1200.00 dollars for a new one.

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: need help suzuki dt150

I'm not sure I can be helpful here. I have an 87 DT150 SS. When I got it I had no fire on right bank cyl's. Thought the same thing - CDI.....but turned out the low oil warning module sensor was bad. Find and disconnect 2 plugs from it to CDI (inside the coil box near the bottom). If its the same problem I had it'll get your fire back on that bank of cyl. You just have to manually check your oil tank level to make sure to not run out of oil. The low oil warning module tells the CDI that your oil level is low and puts the motor in "safe" mode to protect it, and runs on 3 cyl. I'm not a mechanic so my lingo may not be correct, but you get my drift. I don't remember the wire colors on the plugs now, but if you have a wiring diagram in your manual you should be able to spot them. IN your case you may be able to buy a new module and replace it. Its located on the motor side of the coil box under the CDI. In my case the module was no longer available. Good Luck!