25 dollar garage sale find

Mr.Stuart

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I'm still in a bit of shock today after finding this at a garage sale, one is a 1941 -42 Johnson HD-20 2.5 horse, it's supposed to run but has a bad impeller, and the other one is a 1955 Johnson CD-12 5.5 horse that ran fine until one of the coils went out, I got them at a garage sale from an older guy that said he's had them forever but won't be using them again and might as well let them go to someone that will put them to good use. I was more then happy to give him 25 bucks for them, he also throw in some camping gear, a couple of old Coleman lanterns, a back packing stove, and a little heater.

the motors both look complete and I don't think it will take a whole lot of work to get either of them running, I did some internet searching last night and I think I found an impeller for the 2.5 horse, as long as the 2.5 horse Gail, and the seahorse from the same year take the same impeller, I found reference to the impeller fitting the HD-20 somewhere.

I think the third picture I posted is the impeller it's supposed to take.

the little 2.5 horse acts like it wants to start, it had gas in it that didn't look to be to old, but with out the impeller, I don't want to risk it

Attachments

• 101_0508.jpg
    101_0508.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 101_0509.jpg
    101_0509.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • impeller.JPG
    impeller.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 0

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 25 dollar garage sale find

This link can guide you better than I could explain for the HD25 water pump, which are the same as the TD 25's.

http://hoodad.fortunecity.com/td20lowerunit.html

Be careful with the eccentric pin, as they are small and easily lost. The task overall is easy, the hardest part being getting the impeller housing screws out, if they are seized. Good luck, and good find! Im jealous!

Mr.Stuart

Senior Chief Petty Officer

This link can guide you better than I could explain for the HD25 water pump, which are the same as the TD 25's.

http://hoodad.fortunecity.com/td20lowerunit.html

Be careful with the eccentric pin, as they are small and easily lost. The task overall is easy, the hardest part being getting the impeller housing screws out, if they are seized. Good luck, and good find! Im jealous!

thanks for the link, I spent a lot of time last night looking for something like that

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

What a deal! Does this guy have a brother in Texas in similar circumstances?