1989 WellCraft Instrument Panel

modicon2

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings Boat Lovers,
Well, I bought a 1989 WellCraft 180 Classic w/ 3.7L Merc.

I'm slowly fixing it up.
Does anyone have a wiring schematic/diagram for the instrument panel for this particular boat?
I need to replace a few gauges and it does not have a trim indicator gauge.
I would like to add one. Has anyone done this for this boat? where did you put it?

Also...I was looking into buying a Clymer 1986-1994 Stern Drive shop manual.
Is this a good manual? worth the money?

Any helpful info regarding a WellCraft 180 classic OR 3.7L Merc OR Alpha One, please feel free to share. I will soon be very familar with these items and any helpful thought and opionions would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

BobReed12

Recruit
Re: 1989 WellCraft Instrument Panel

You can go to breezeworks.com for info on the 3.7L motor and type in manuals in the search on this forum and you will get the manuals your looking for. Someone was extremely nice and placed links to them for everyone in a post.

ken_23434

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1989 WellCraft Instrument Panel

I have the 88 model with the 3.0. It was a "bargain" that my wife bought last summer. It has been quite a bit of work, but I have had it out running on the water a few times now.

My wiring for the dash was all cut up when I got the boat. The dash on mine was pretty much just like the drawing in the Mercruiser Tech manuals.

I think Chapter 8 is the one that covers your engine. They are all there on that link. Chapter #6 covers the Alpha 1 outdrive. Those manuals are MUCH better than the Clymer, Seloc and the rest.

Section #4 of the Engine Manual has all the electrical info you need. The wiring from the engine to the instruments is fairly standardized for boats.]

If your question is about the switches for the bilge pump and the rest, well I don't know of a schematic for that. On my boat, I can tell pretty easily what each wire is doing under there.

If you have a specific question, ask. I think I have pretty much sorted out all my electrical stuff, so I could look at mine and tell you what I have.

Ken