Worst restaurant ever, If it was America I was rich

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yesterday evening we went out eating with some friends.
We went to the American dream restaurant in Rotterdam.
I had the vegetarian lasagne, ther rest of the group ordered meat or fish.
When one or to had they're food all ready the others had to wait, this continued to all stages of the dining.
One of my friends never got what he ordered even his plate was returned 3 times then he was so fed up with it he just started to eat (he dint like it)

I ate my lasagne it dint taste nice and it was way to short for me (maybe a blessing).

aft her the main course some wanted to smoke so we waited before we ordered ice cream then the worst happened I got sick and had to eat all my food backwards :eek: .

so we didn't order ice cream we left the ones who liked there food paid for it me and the guy with the wrong food said we didn't want to pay.
finally the guy who didn't like its food paid for its drinks and I didn't pay Anything.

still don't feel really well but im OK now.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Worst restaurant ever, If it was America I was rich

Sounds pretty bad.

I've gotten sick from restaurant food twice. First time was from an Olive Garden, but at least there the service was good. The other was at Hardees from a chicken sandwich that I knew was bad after the first bite, I even spit out the first bite, but I still got sick from it. Slimy chicken... not good.

I've only eaten at Once since then, and never again at Hardees. Though it took more than a decade for me to go back to the Olive Garden. I wouldn't really hesitate to go back for fear of food poisoning now, but I still don't go because the breadsticks are just aweful, like eating a salt-stick. Hardees I don't think I'll ever eat at again.

I'll bet you're feeling the same way about that place. It's terrible that it gives America a bad name over there.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

with reviews like that it will not be in business very long. how can you muck up vegetarian lasagna. that's what you get for eating Italian, at an American restaurant. should have ordered ham hock, Lima beans and collard greens, with corn bread.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Seeing that the poor guy was in the Netherlands he should have ordered a very dark rye bread,butter and cheese with some Grolsch beer. It would have been a great success. Beyond that Dutch food is much like the Polish or English kitchen (it sucks).

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

should have ordered ham hock, Lima beans and collard greens, with corn bread.

Now thats good eating where ever you are in the world. LMAO:D

Glad you are feeling better Turin.

TC

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Seeing that the poor guy was in the Netherlands he should have ordered a very dark rye bread,butter and cheese with some Grolsch beer. It would have been a great success. Beyond that Dutch food is much like the Polish or English kitchen (it sucks).

I consider that combo to be vegitarian!!

Turin.... you are not alone. I went out to dinner at a local steak house and it was the worst service and food I had ever had. Even in the USA "american food" can be poor.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

As a Qualified Chef I am appalled at the lack of concern 99.99% of all foodservice establishments have for Quality Food. By Quality I mean Flavor/Taste.I very,very,very rarely eat out. I can make my own and it will taste a whole lot better for a whole lot less.

It all boils down to $$$.Why pay an intelligent,concientious professional 40k per year when you can get whatever for half that.

I will stop before my blood boils!!!!

Glad you are all okay!!!!

tashasdaddy

Bart, i'm like you. i cook better, than i get when eating out.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Bart, i'm like you. i cook better, than i get when eating out.
Tell me, soup beans, a onion cut up with a red pepper throwed in with a touch of Tabasco.
A big iron skillet full of fried taters along with a big pan of cornbread.
Dang, no wonder I don't have many teeth left, my tounge have done knocked them all out.:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

there are cases when eating out is a good thing.

no klu and i went to a resturant last night that ondarvr introduced me to.....

(go figgure....im local...hes not...and he shows me the spot)

the waitresses, :D....um...well.....stunning......

the steak was really good as well.....(its hard to bugger up a steak, but it can be done with thicker ones).

sorry bout the food turin.....a quick note to the owner uasually gets some changes

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm a good cook (not a professional chef) myself but its just fun to go out eating with friend's.

its just they ruin your whole evening with such a thing.

what I think has happened is that there are not a lot of vegetarian people eating there so they just heat up some thing which is in the cooler this time it was there way to long as I felt.

I will never go there again.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Must have been something in the air. I also went eat out with friends that night and had the worst experience with a restaurant I'd ever had. It wasn't me personally, but them. I got my food, they sat and waited! The manager came over and said this table is the low point of my evening and your food is free!! Cool for them!! They deserved it!