Lowrance 520 or 522

GaBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have been looking at chartplotter, sonar, fishfinder, and GPS at Bass Pro. They are telling me that this is the one to buy because of all the functions.

Has anyone had any experience or have comments on these models or is there a better model in the 500 dollar range?

External antenna better or internal? Best transducer to use for best results?

Thx

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lowrance 520 or 522

The Lms 520 has the external GPS antenna. The 522 has the internal antenna. I myself think the 520 will have better reception for the GPS feature.
These units are probably the best choice if you want everything in one unit.

I just bought the 5200c Globalmap and X510c sonar from Iboats for $966.00 shipped.
I have both side by side on my console so I don`t have to split screen or run one or the other.
Iboats was my best deal with a 4 day shipping time from ordering.

Lowrance products are a good choice. The new Humminbird 700 series products are also worth a look too. I almost went with the Bird but I already had the transome holes suited for Lowrance from my upgrade from monochrome. Never had a problem with my past Lowrance products. I hope the new ones serve me as well.

skytracker

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Lowrance 520 or 522

I just recently purchased the LMS 520C with the external antenna and I love it. I debated the internal or external as I wanted to switch between boats. The external are easier to keep in the clear and is more accurate. BTW you can get a free map chip from Lowrance on either of these right now. Here is the link: http://www.lowrance.com/en/Free-Map-Card-Offer/?X.src=fmo1