Glastron 156 DA

cordell

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK I did it I went out and found a bigger boat for my 85 horse Force motor. I got a great deal on a Glastron 156 DA model. The boat looks real nice, a metal flake green top (match my dodge ram!) with white bottom. I am pretty thrilled!!! My prior boat had cable steering now I have Hydraulic Steering, the switch I am wondering is it going to be easy? My main concern I have with this boat is the transom, the transom is 2 1/4 thick leaving NO room for my motor mount plates! I was under the impression that these plates are a must and not sure what to do about this. I did mount my motor and jumped on the whale tail to check transom flex and it was pretty solid. I can see where before the motor on the boat was just slapped on there like I did tonight. If anybody has experience with this I would love to hear about it. I will try and get a picture posted tomorrow after I wash the bird crap off it. lol Also I have some weak spots in the floor and plan on laying plywood over the current floor and throwing down some cheap Lowes outdoor carpet until the slow season when I will replace the floor and glass over it like I should. This should be OK for now right?

Thanks,

cordell