Engine Replacement V8 350Ci pre 86

derhirsch

Recruit
Hello guys,

I have bought an boat with an engine that has a water freezing damage, therefore the engine needs to be replaced.

The engine is an 350CI Goodwrench V8 5,7 L with the block number 10066036.
I have found the folling additional number on the engine A8h 26 (but it seems to be to short for an engine number) and i found the number 5571737 in the registration (but this number could be the number of an engine that was installed before of this --> I am not really sure if the seller tells me the truth about that he replaced the engine before)

The engine has an 12cm breakage on the right side under the plugs and needs to be replaced.

Q1: Where do I find the number of the engine, to get to know what the number is.

Q2: What engine could I take to replace the engine?

-Could I use this new engine found on ebay - no 370047932620

-Could I use this engine found on ebay 260231018752 that seems to be an engine that does not really fit i because it is to new (after 86)

-Can you tell me an source where I get an complete engine (i heared the namve vortec 5,7 v8) that has 290 Hp and comes with everything?

Any advice for good engine sources is helpful.

Also give me an advice what the engine could cost - a fair price for good qualitiy.

I am from Europe, I am thinking to get me the engine from the us or from europe.

Marco

I added some pictures of the engine. You also can see the the thermostat housing is broken (due to ice). therefore I think it is the best to get a complete new engine without parts to get reused from the old engine - what do you think?

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: Engine Replacement V8 350Ci pre 86

before you go pricing out engines.... drill a couple of small (1/8th) probing holes about in inch into the transom and enging mounts to check for rot. Also do what you need to do to check for rot in the floor.
No sense of putting a 5K motor into a pile of soupy sawdust.

derhirsch

Recruit

Thanks for your reply.

The Z and the Gearbox and the hule are in good shape. The Z is new, was not one time in the water. the gearbox is working, the hule has no damage.

I just need a new engine.

Please tell me some sources of engines. That help me now

marco

Lakester

Chief Petty Officer

hello,
what country are u located in? germany, perhaps? many european countries have avid automotive sports. such as drag racing. many engine shops can be potential source for a good amerian GM or Chevy used block. with proper testing all the other parts may service ok.

good luck

lakester :cool: