NMEA data to F-250 Command Link Gauges

dacollins

Cadet
Talked with Yamaha tech support(Mark)today and he/they are at a loss as to why the Command Link gauge shows everything except depth. There is a possibility of a bad gauge. I'm not sure I want to go through time and expense of trouble shooting this. One way is to connect a known good transducer to the gauge and see if I get depth. If all info shows, bad transducer, if depth still fails, bad gauge. I don't know if there is an easier method. If it's a bad gauge, I have "Power Matched" system and gauges are covered under engine warranty. Bad transducer is covered under electronics warranty. Hard to see it as a bad transducer as the ducer displays everything properly on electronic display. One other possibility is NMEA connection is incorrect. Hard to see it as that, because I am getting all the other data through the Command Link gauge. This might be and issue to tackle after fishing season.
david

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: NMEA data to F-250 Command Link Gauges

well my triducer is still in my tool box, if you dont mind paying I dont mind playing.
while your boat is there we can play with it.
even the yamaha techs at kennesaw dont know much about it as the engineers dont tell us anything, other than why you want to know.

dacollins

Cadet
Re: NMEA data to F-250 Command Link Gauges

I think I will pass on the trouble shooting right now. Small issue that doesn't really effect performance, usability,etc. I'll just use it the way it is for now. Steve said you all would be finished with the service tomorrow. So, I'll see you tomorrow when I pick up yellow boat and drop off green boat.
david