My 9:00 am election day prediction

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I predict that George W. Bush will win re-election as convincingly today as Ronald Reagan did in 1984. I further predict that what this will show is that our national media has been lying to us about the closeness of the election in order to create the belief that Kerry is a viable candidate. The national media has spun this election process to the max to get Kerry elected, but today we will find that most people have just ignored them about like they ignore the plans that Kerry supposedly has.<br /><br />I could be wrong, I often am, but that seems to me like the way it will go. Or maybe it is just the way I hope it will go. I just wanted a record of my prediction before the fact, so that my friends will not say that I didn't start saying that until after the votes were counted.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: My 9:00 am election day prediction

Interesting observation & prediction. Hope you are right.

NOSLEEP

Commander

I agree Hayhauler, It sure looks that way from <br />this side of the fence.

spratt

Lieutenant

I am going to be a bit more conservative, and agree with you except that I feel it will be closer than we may think or hope. Dear Lord, I hope I am wrong and that it is a landslide for Mr. Bush...I know I have done my part to help him.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by hayhauler:<br /> I predict that George W. Bush will win re-election as convincingly today as Ronald Reagan did in 1984. I further predict that what this will show is that our national media has been lying to us about the closeness of the election in order to create the belief that Kerry is a viable candidate. The national media has spun this election process to the max to get Kerry elected, but today we will find that most people have just ignored them about like they ignore the plans that Kerry supposedly has.<br /><br />
You beat me to restating what I have said in many posts these last months, hayhauler. There has been many a post that I have said "Mark my words~~~~" Glad you have the same feeling.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I can only see die hard liberals and democrats voting against Bush. No one is voting FOR Kerry. Most undecided will stick with Bush cause he has done the right things.<br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If only the military and their families, iboaters and folks over 50 were voting I would agree with you completely, Hauler.<br /><br />It's the young, ignorant and impressionable that worry me.<br /><br />We'll see, hopefully tonight but maybe in a few weeks.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

A decisive victory for Bush would restore my faith in the collective wisdom of the American people. I want to have faith in the collective wisdom of the American people.<br /><br /><br />-dd-<br /><br /><br />Hey, I made Chief a couple of posts back! Yeehaw!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> A decisive victory for Bush would restore my faith in the collective wisdom of the American people. I want to have faith in the collective wisdom of the American people.
Ditto on that!<br /><br />Also, congrats, CHIEF!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I only hope that whoever wins, be it Bush or Kerry, wins decisively. I don't want another drawn out mess. It wasn't fun last time, it would be even less fun this time. <br /><br />BTW JB, you need to recant the "ignorant" part of your statement. It is arrogant and juevenile to assume that because someone does not agree with your belief system that they are ignorant. I didn't give 11 years of my life for the freedoms we all enjoy so someone can sit on their pedestal and name call. Fix it, you are better and smarter than that.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Anyone one who votes for Kerry is willing to "ignore" many reasons to NOT vote for him.<br /><br />You could say they same things about Bush voters.<br /><br />It is not insulting.<br /><br />Ken

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was at Emory University in Atlanta in '84, and the campus liberals were convinced that no one would vote for Reagan. Reagan's supporters, like myself were quiet, but resolute.<br /><br />I substitute teach, and yesterday most of the high school juniors and seniors I was teaching were telling me that they would vote for Bush if they could. I don't think Kerry has a lock on young people by any wild stretch of the imagination. Bush won the "Reader's Digest Poll," where elementary aged children told who they would vote for, which for most was an extension of who their parents would vote for.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> BTW JB, you need to recant the "ignorant" part of your statement. It is arrogant and juevenile to assume that because someone does not agree with your belief system that they are ignorant. I didn't give 11 years of my life for the freedoms we all enjoy so someone can sit on their pedestal and name call. Fix it, you are better and smarter than that.
OK, JB, so stating the truth is viewed as mean and devisive so you can remove the statement from your post and I will state it in your stead.<br /><br />It's the young, ignorant and impressionable that worry me. As I've said many times before, it's the people who either listen with one ear OR the people who do not have the ability to connect the dots, that will vote for Kerry.<br /><br />One case in point, last nite I had a well respected Boy Scout dad tell me he voted for Kerry because our privacy had been violated by the Patriot Act. Absolutely nothing that you could say would convince him otherwise. He subscribed to the Democratic Playbook that on one hand the Repubs were not doing enough to protect us from terrorism yet everything we were doing was an invasion of privacy. Now that is what I call ignorant.

NYMINUTE

Captain

If Bush failed to attack Iraq and Afganistan, he would have sufferd the same Dem mudslinging he got for doing so. If we captured Bin Laden, he would have won by a record margin. Have to ask SKerry?? Why such a long face???

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

YEP every body that doesn't agree with you must be ignorant,

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Would you settle for "uninformed", Jason?<br /><br />It actually means the same thing to the non-paranoid.<br /><br />By ignorant, I meant those that don't understand the economy beyond their own pocketbook, believe that our so-called "allies" (France, Germany and Russia) tried to keep us out of Iraq for moral reasons (not their own oil-lined pocketbooks), think Bush caused the recession and job loss, think war can be prosecuted at no expense in money or lives, and that treason is heroism.<br /><br />I suppose "uninformed" is good enough for me, but I also offer "naive" as a substitute.<br /><br />Sorry if I ruffled your feather.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> YEP every body that doesn't agree with you must be ignorant,
A quick web search finds this...
Destitute of knowledge; uninstructed or uninformed; untaught; unenlightened.<br />Unacquainted with; unconscious or unaware;
Ignorance takes no sides. A wide majority of American people are uninformed about political issues. That, by definition makes them ignorant. <br /><br />If something gets your goat, it's only because there is a goat to get!

oddjob

Commander

Ignorant is not a bad or derogatory word.<br /><br /><br />
You have to fight, even for the people who are wrong. The people are too blind or too uninformed or too uneducated or too ignorant or too whatever, to see the threat that faces them. Because they refuse to take a look at it. That's the job that we all have. That's what you do when you fight for your country: You fight for everybody in it." more quotes from El Rushbo

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Ignorance takes no sides. A wide majority of American people are uninformed about political issues. That, by definition makes them ignorant. <br /><br />
That I do agree with

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hayhauler, I'm predicting the same thing, and have the same anxieties you stated (about the possibilties of being wrong).<br /><br />I predicted a stiff margin in '92 for his dad and was proven wrong then. I just could not believe there were that many liberal lemmings around. And yet, they came out of the woodwork. <br />I've been praying every chance I had today for not just a Bush win, but for a referendum to unite us behind the war effort,and get our forces back home.<br />The sooner we show a unified resolve to the "INSURGIENTS" (as the media like to call the terrorists), the sooner that will happen.<br />MOF, it cannot happen until then.