Fisherman Spark Plugs

Geoff_Jubb

Cadet
Hi everyone,
I recently bought an overhaul kit for my 1968 6hp Fisherman. The spark plugs included were NGK B6 S. The ones I have taken out are ND W20FP-U.
I was wondering if the new plugs are ok for my motor, as the treaded end of the plug is quite shorter than the ones I have removed?
Thanks for any help!
Geoff

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fisherman Spark Plugs

The motor was built, designed and tested using Champion plugs. The current recommended plug is the Champion J6C which I use on my inherited 1965 6HP. http://www.boatsetup.com/SparkPlugChart.pdf

Seriously, if you get better results using a plug that did not exist when your engine was made, I would like to know about it.

Geoff_Jubb

Cadet

Thanks for your help guys!
I have done a little more research and found that the NGK's I 've been supplied with are the equivlant of J6C's. The ones that were in though are completely different, I think the previous owner must have just fitted a random pattern.
If the NGK's are the equivlant, will these be ok, or would you still want the Champons?
Thanks again guy's!
Geoff

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for your help guys!
I have done a little more research and found that the NGK's I 've been supplied with are the equivlant of J6C's. The ones that were in though are completely different, I think the previous owner must have just fitted a random pattern.
If the NGK's are the equivlant, will these be ok, or would you still want the Champons?
Thanks again guy's!
Geoff

It's a personal preference. It won't hurt anything to use the NGK's if they cross refference to the same as the Champion.

Personally I run NGK's in my snowmobiles and ATC but in my boats and lawnmower I run Champion. I don't have any reason for this but the NGK's seem to do best in my snowmobile and ATC but not in my boat. Champion is what is recommended so thats what I would say is best.

If I was you I would use them since you already got them. When it is time for new ones. Get the Champions. IMHO

Geoff_Jubb

Cadet

Thanks for all the advice guys, you have been a big help!
Geoff