Prop Help

alpapale

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Guys.. I've read the post on Prop tricks. I recently bought a turning point "Husler" aluminum performance prop. I needed a prop because I had dug a new river bed in the lake last week. (not intentionally, of course). The prop went for $15 less than the OEM Volvo-Penta prop. Once again, WOW. Immediately felt the difference out of the hole. I have one problem though…I have a vibration seems most noticeable at specic RPM's (2800-2900) I re-torqued the prop but still have this vibration. The shaft seemed "OK" when I changed the prop. Now, I'm afraid, since it's a new boat the dealer will blame the vibration on the non-standard prop. Does anybody have a vibration problem with these new props? My original prop seemed fine until I dinged it. Thanks.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Prop Help

I would check with turning point first or where you bought your prop.<br /><br />Let hope why you were digging the new canal in your lake that nothing internal was damaged...<br /><br />It sounds more like out of balance when talking RPM range of engine... like tire out of balance @ 45-50 MPH.<br /><br />Plus maybe the guy building prop... might have been having bad day & said lets see what happens with this one... I have seen it done!!!<br /><br />Volvo-Penta shouldn't have a problem with choice of props & if they did... ask them who manufactures there OEM props??? Then ask the dealer who sold you the boat when I buy my next boat will you put prop so-so on it??? See what he says when you come back for repairs... I cant work on your lower unit because prop is not OEM... I don't think so!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep it between the Bouys & Good Luck"<br /><br />fone_man

JeffSlade

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Prop Help

I did notice a vibration the first time I had mine out. But I have since removed it and re-torqued it since with no problems. I own 2 Hustlers and love them both. Like I said, no problems here.
smile.gif