Suzuki DF60 tilt & trim failing

brevoortia

Recruit
I'm getting the boat ready for the season, and my 2000 Suzuki DF60 won't tilt up or down. It was stored this winter in the down position, and now that I look closely there appears to be a stain on the ground where a good amount of fluid has leaked out.

The PTT motor runs when I engage it, yet there is no movement, so I'm guessing the hydraulic fluid is low, or gone entirely. I tried to open the manual release, but it is corroded and I can't even turn it to release. Yet I'm thinking that opening this release to raise the motor manually won't be of use if there's no fluid in the system. If I were to raise it, then close the release, lack of fluid means it won't hold the motor in the upright position, correct?

Is the only course of action to raise the motor manually, then engage the tilt lock lever? This way at least I could add fluid and see if that allows it to function(until it possibly leaks out again)?

Can I trailer the boat to the Suzuki dealer this way? I don't feel comfortable performing a major repair if the problem is seals or hydraulic. But I don't know how to get the boat/motor to them with the motor in the down position, as it sits too close to the ground.

Thanks in advance.