Fuel Pump ID help

Mudboy68

Cadet
Hello All,

Been a while since I've been on to ask a question as everything has been running prety smoothly.

But I require a little asstance in this on.

I have a 1969/70 Model 115083D 115 Evinrude outboard. I want to revamp the fuel system this year but have ran into an issue I can't seem to solve.

I found the Carb kits part # 18-7046 from Sierra Marine all good.

Now the problem "The Fuel Pump" it would seem that the unit on mine I cant find a listing for. It has no glass bowl so I am assuming that it is the disposable one that Johnson and Evinrude used for a while.

The problem is that I have no Idea on how to replace it or what to replace it with.

It looks like the Sierra 18-7353 Fuel Pump on

http://www.iboats.com/Evinrude_Fuel...8907914--**********.871252195--view_id.269718

But it says for 20 - 30 hp 1990 -2000

And I would much prefer to get a rebuild kit or new Diaphram and spring for it as the casting is in great shape.

Any help form the wise ones on this forum would be great.

Cheers

Mud

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel Pump ID help

The Sierra pump you are looking at has a skinny outlet hose fitting. Wouldn't pass enough fuel for your 115. They changed fuel pump design with the seasons. Not only that, OMC did not believe in repairing fuel pumps back then, so no kits were offered. Looks like you are stuck with a new 438559. It's only money.

Mudboy68

Cadet
Re: Fuel Pump ID help

Holy 85 bucks for that assyembly wow.

Well not sure if it needs replacing but I think I will try with the old one first.

I was gonna rebuild the carbs and replace all the fuel lines this year as it's been 3 years on the same lines and carbs.

Thanks guys

Anyone elas feel free to comment

Mud