Anyone familliar with NAUTOLEX Dot-Textured MARINE Vinyl Flooring?

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer
When finishing the floor of the Batboat I wouldn't be caught dead using carpet.

This stuff looks like a great alternative; NAUTOLEX Dot-Textured MARINE Vinyl Flooring.

The colors that I was looking at is the discontinued navy blue and lighter shade blue.
http://www.csctextiles.com/Nau.htm

They had a bit left in stock a month ago but it is gone now. :(

Is there a similar product out there I should take a look at?

If anyone has this type of floor covering please post a photo. I want to see what this type of stuff looks like on an actual boat. :D

I understand you apply it to the floor with a type of epoxy, right?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone familliar with NAUTOLEX Dot-Textured MARINE Vinyl Flooring?

correct. i've seen it used, very nice.

i386

Captain

Pretty cool looking stuff. Bookmarked!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I understand you apply it to the floor with a type of epoxy, right?

It is installed with an adhesive, not an epoxy. There are installation instructions available on the Nautolex web site. Worth downloading and reading. A lot like installing a vinyl tile floor, except instead of tiles, you have one bit sheet of vinyl.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

watch out for the darker colors on anything.....seats...deck.....you can burn your tush or tootsies in a juffy on a good hot day.

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer

The deco dot texture has been discontinued.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

I used decko dot - raised dots - on my first rebuild and would NOT recommend. It was one color which showed all dirt, it hurt to kneel on and the dots scuffed off very easily. I am not surprised they don't make it anymore.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Its not discontinued. Just a few colors were dropped. The common colors are still available. Check it out here: http://www.omnova.com/products/marineOEMUpholstery/deckodot.aspx . Buy it here: http://www.yourautotrim.com/nadedotfl.html

I put it in my boat:
9731.jpg

9732.jpg

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry. This site implies it was discontinued. http://www.csctextiles.com/nau.htm

CALL For Limited Available Stock on this item, Decko-Dot Texture is discontinued.

It appears that page is incorrect.

bananaboater

Ensign

Applicable only if this is a legit current query.

Did it on my Jet. Go to my photobucket page and see a detailed installation. Thin their glue to a honey consistency. It is really tough stuff, glue and vinyl. You will see I had to pull some back to fine tune the ply to fit and it was NOT easy. Good luck.

Last edited:

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Cabelas is the best source because they don't have a gazillion square feet as the minimum order quantity.

Their "premium" grade is called DecoDot, but they don't show it in the catalog so I can't comment on it. Their "Standard Vinyl" (part # 01-0921) is absolutely fantastic stuff. Skid resistant, easy to clean and won't fade. I've had that stuff on every boat since 1971 and wouldn't trade it for carpet.

Its OEM on current model Starcrafts. I bought a roll to do some accessories on my 2009 utility and it was a perfect match. My other boat - a 1984 has a blue version of the same material and it has held up 100% in all these years.

I think its called Marideck. In any event, its a better alternative to Nautolex, in my opinion, becasue of a better appearance and better durability.

Here the seats and floor are covered in "silver grey":

Attachments

• IMG_2207web.jpg
    IMG_2207web.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Very nice application Jim. What you used is identical to the Nautolex. I used on mine. Defender Marine had the best prices.

Gopher

Cadet

Its OEM on current model Starcrafts. I think its called Marideck. Here the seats and floor are covered in "silver grey":

It looks identical to the floor covering on my 2003 Lund 18 Alaskan. The covering is durable but Lund must use lighter adhesive as I was able to readily peel covering from underlying plywood when modding some panels for better storage.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant

Looks like the stuff that is on the plywood floor boards of my boat. Its been on there since 1982 and still going strong - although the boat sat around for 20 years w/o being used.

I bough the same (or very similar) stuff at West for a piece of flooring I was replacing. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.