Need info on omc 4.3L

Im really in a bind. Can anyone please help me. All i need are some pictures of the outside of an omc 4.3L carborated engine.. Im trying to figure out how to mount some the the misc. brackets, hoses and wires, but Im lost. A friend ripped out the motor, im trying to put it back in and connect it, but Im just stuck. If anyone has pictures, or can take pictures of all as much of the engine as possible, it would help me out a ton. My email is quackduckduddle AT aol.com. Thanks so much!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need info on omc 4.3L

Ayuh,......

While I don't do OMCs,+ can't help with a picture,....
You really shouldn't be posting your email address at this, or Any forum,.....

The account will be Worthless in no time from the possible Flood of Spam......

Just check back here a few times,......
Unless you bookmark the thread, don't be Surprized to find it on page 2 or 3......

Good Luck........;)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I edited your email address so the spam bots don't get it. But it is still there for anyone that wants to email you.

Personally, I would suggest you find an OEM service manual for your particular year (whatever it may be). Along with the service manual and the BRP catalog at the link below, you should be able to figure out how to put it back together.

http://epc.brp.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/default.aspx?brands=ej&lang=E&brands=ej&lang=E

runithrd

Cadet

I own an '86 - there's not much there, really, if you have any mechanical experience with older model engines....maybe if you post a specific issue/question I or others can help you out.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I own an '86 - there's not much there, really, if you have any mechanical experience with older model engines....maybe if you post a specific issue/question I or others can help you out.
He did,He needs to know how the brackets and linkage,wiring and all mounts up on the top of the engine.
Experience with car engines don't mean squat when it comes to working on marine out drives.Especially a Cobra with its finicky shift system...:rolleyes:
Best thing is to buy a service manual and study it over and over...

braider

Recruit

Check Your E-Mail, sent several pics from my 89 Cobra in an 89 Phantom185.
Hope they help!

Braider