1979 envirude 115 Hp. motor will not run

Motor will not run, it seized. starter motor will angage but will not turn flyweel. I drop the lower unit and took out spark plugs, still flyweel will turn only one tooth out of time.

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1979 envirude 115 Hp. motor will not run

OK, first off, we need to know, has it been sitting for ages? was it run without Oil? was it pumping Water last time out? we need to know some of those answers first off, then we can tell whether to take off the Heads for an inspection (I guess you will), or look elsewhere for something that could be jamming.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

We need a lot more info before we can offer much meaningful help as noelm moints out. In the meantime tilt the engine up and put a few tablespoons of Marveel Mystery oil in each cyl and let it sit for a day. Then try to turn it over by hand or put a socket wrench to the nut holding the flywheel. Let us know the results and other info.

I did start it evrey outher week. water pomp was working fine and i replace it last month. I had trouble with my electrical conections and will not start with the key, only with screwdrivwer at the coil. I did found my fuse was not making conection about two weeks a go and since than I try to put it back in the water but the motor sized. I drop the lower unit and I took the spark plogs out and still my flyweel is frezed.

Hi there. Thank you hor all the info. Were kan i get this type of oil? Thank you all again.

wavrider

Chief Petty Officer

Auto parts store

Can you turn the flywheel by hand? with spark plugs removed try turning the flywheel by hand, should turn easily.