Installed Keel Guard Today

blues

Seaman
Yes,. I finally did this,.I watched the dvd that came with it,. over and over,. and read and re read the instructions,.
first,. I used masking tape to hold the keel guard in position,. marked hull with pencil,. then applied the blue masking tape,.around area for keel guard,.
then used the scotch pad,.gave the area a good rub,.
( outside temp was around 93) arizona weather,.
then cleaned over and over using alcohol,. as instructions said alcohol was ok,.
starting from the front peeled the center red tape,. pressed and then the outer red tape,.

it looks good,. but,. I did get a very small wave,.hardly noticeable,.so,. it is not 100% perfect,.but,. should be ok,.

the hardest part was getting under the trailer,.and keeping the keel guard straight,. as it was applied,.
so,.,. friday, I shall take boat out ,. and pray it does not come off,.

I did make an error,. and had to pull a part of it off,. and re position it,.seemed to work out ok,.

but,. it is on very strong,.very very strong,.

eastern27

Seaman
Re: Installed Keel Guard Today

It won't come off. I didn't get that meteculious about mine and it's still tight after 3 years running in the salt. They don't hold bottom paint all that great, 2 years and I have to touch up the guard. Small price to pay though.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Installed Keel Guard Today

Thank you for telling us of your experience. I will know better how to do it now. I have looked at keel guards for my boat and want to buy one. I do a lot of boating with a bunch of kids and have to go into the beach to trade off. Good Job.