50 hp tilt and trim

mark1961

Ensign
Gday, i want to fit power tilt/trim to a 73 50 hp rude, is this possible without spending ridiculous amounts? If so, what system year would best suit my needs? Btw, my budget would be around 400, maybe a tad more :)

Thanks in advance.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: 50 hp tilt and trim

Hey Mark, I have run one of the CMC units for 4-5 years on my 50 without any problems at all, they are a real quality piece.
Install is really easy,as TD said just trying to find an OEM TT would be a real crapshoot, this is the way to go and it is real close to your budget.

mark1961

Ensign

Thanks guys, only problem is im in Australia and those cmc units are just too damn expensive here, like 800+ for the pt-35 on ebay!! OUCH!! I was thinking a later model OEM unit that fits might be the way to go but now im not so sure. Btw, have you got the pt-35 or pt-130 5150abf? Might be worth asking iboats how much they would charge to ship one here. Thanks again.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

another problem is iboats only ships to the US and Canada at the present time. to my knowledge. the reason we do not recommend, the used oem tilts, is there have been so many that bought, and have gotten some working part, and some bad parts. the old story of buying used parts.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

WOW!
That is salty, I think I paid $480 with the trim gage, I have the PT130 because I run a 50 horse.
As TD said it would be a real pain to get an OEM unit in, you would have to take the engine off and take the mount apart and that is if you can find one that even works.
I have looked at CMC's on Ebay too and it seems to be one of the few things you can't catch a deal on.
Try your luck on an OEM unit, you might luck out or you may find it is just as much.
If you want TT those are really your only options so you have to pick one or skip it.
Hope you find something, good luck