Where to find the Engine Meter

sebagolake19

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and new to boating. I just bought a 1987 Four Winns 190 Horizon bow rider in brand new condition. I bought it from the original owner who is about 65 years old and has hardly used the boat since he bought it. It has been stored inside most of its life. Everything looks brand new including the carpet, interior, original bimini top, bow rider cover and motor. There is no scratches in the boat and the teak wood looks brand new!! The motor is the merc 470 165HP with the 4" cooler tube. I'm not looking to hear how bad that motor is. I am already educated about the possible over heating, watch for coolant leaking from the cam seals and replace the stator with the new optional alterator kit and stay on top of the maintenance (replace the impeller and regular tune ups).

The boat can't have many hour on it at all. Where would I look for an hour meter on this boat / setup?

Thanks for the help. This forum is great!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where to find the Engine Meter

Chances are it doesn't have an hour meter. That is something very few boats actually have as original equipment.

BTW, Welcome to iboat :D