Yamaha carb main nozzle?

Pursuit2550

Seaman
I just rebuilt all three carbs on my 93 Yamaha 150. While i was screwing back in the main nozzle the screwdriver slipped and kind of messed up the slit where the screwdriver goes to thighten it. Is this something that is going to effect the engines performance in anyway?

Yamajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha carb main nozzle?

Not necessarily, provided the jet hole is not too deformed, but it will be problem when next you get to removing them for your next carb service.

Pursuit2550

Seaman

Its acually the Main nozzole, it screws into the carb in the middle of the float. It didnt get bend or anything. Like I said I mess up the slit where the screwdriver goes. I asked the mech. here at work and they told me that as long as the nozzle itself didnt get deformed in anyway that I would be alright. They said the main nozzle acts like a straw and since there is always gas in the bowl that it wont affect the fuel flow. Is this correct, thats why I asked here, this is a outboard site and the mechs. here are auto.

Thanks A LOT!

Yamajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

It is always good to replace damaged parts, but you should not experience any problems with that carb, i have seen this in one or two carbs, provided they are clean, they work well.