who makes montgomery ward seaking GG9006a

rick242

Recruit
I have an old montgomery ward seaking motor,And I need to know who made it,And how old it is?The model number is GG9006A.

BirdChaser

Seaman Apprentice
Re: who makes montgomery ward seaking GG9006a

I don't knowabout yours (I'm not an expert here.), but someone once told me they are made by Chrysler. I'm not a fan of Chysler, but I have a '67 3.5hp SeaKing & it still runs great.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Got me thinkin' & wanting to know...<br /><br />Seems like they were made by Gale Div of OMC, Clinton & some others.<br /><br />But I do not know what your model is!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep it between the Bouys" & Good Luck!!!<br /><br />fone_man

just_glenn

Cadet

I just got off the phone with Laing's who echo'ed the Chrysler made portion of what was said earlier. Also Clinton, someone who may know better please correct me if I'm wrong but I got the impession that if Clinton made it it's older than the Chrysler made ones. I have a 7.5 Sea King and it has a Clinton tag on it.<br /><br />I'd like to find someone who can source throttle parts for this. I need the nylon throttle gears for my motor.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 7 1/2hp Wards Sea King and it's older than dirt. It has a Clinton tag on it also, so if Chrysler also made them it had to be after Clinton. harrison20002

boatmotor

Seaman

Hi Rick Your motor was made by Gale<br />Products Yours is a 1957 3.0 hp<br />Regards Tom

just_glenn

Cadet

Tom, what are you using for reference material? By chance can you date this 7.5 hp?<br /><br />Clinton tag:<br />Model XTV 50575 C<br />Ser I604745<br />Type X 751 7106A

just_glenn

Cadet

I am pleased to report Clinton still seems to have parts for a bunch of this stuff.<br />Talked to them today and have replacement items on the way.<br /><br />They were a riot, give them the make and model and they will mail you a parts list you can order off of.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is for Just__Glen; I also have a Wards Sea King with a Clinton tag. Could you post an address for them? I could use a few parts but someone told me Clinton went out of business. Last Spring I took the points & condenser to a small engine parts house and they matched me up with tec***se points, Worked good. Thanks Hal.

just_glenn

Cadet

Happy to help Hal,<br /><br />Clinton Engine Corp<br />605 East Maple St<br />Maquoketa Iowa 52060<br />319 652 2411<br /><br />Charged me $6.50 for a photo copy of the "Owners Guide and Parts List" but mailed it to me first! Where have you seen that these days?