1990 Bayliner Capri 120 Forced I/O shift linkage replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjajuga

Recruit
I Just got a 1990 Bayliner Capri and the Shift Linkage cable is needing to be replaced. I can work on cars as i do it for a living but I have never worked on boats. dose anyone know how to access or where to access the shift cable on the back side of the motor to replace the Shift cable on the Chrysler Forced 120 I/O ?

Thank you

Josh

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Bayliner Capri 120 Forced I/O shift linkage replacement

Don't know about the I/O shift, but if that is indeed a FORCE 120, then you have an L-DRIVE.----A word of caution:

That engine is a 2 cycle and must have oil mixed into the gasoline at 1 pint oil per 6 gallons gas.

jjajuga

Recruit

it is a L-Drive and I am aware of the gas/oli mix.
but the linkage cable I am not sure where the end of it is i know it has to be ner the L-Drive

Wrenchjunkie

Cadet

If it is the same as an 85 L drive it runs from the control back the side of the boat thru a clearish plastic hose and out of the hull to the bottom unit of the L
drivelooking at the boat from the rear the cable runs to the right side of the lower unit. I can take pics of mine if you need them.

WJ

tigu3re

Recruit

hey friend you think you can help me with those pics of your l-drive

benallya

Recruit
I have a 1989 bayliner Capri 90 force and just replaced the shifter cable but now I can’t seem to get it lined up that it will actually go into forward or reverse it shift but doesn’t engage can anyone please help

Nordin

Commander
Please read the rules and start your own thread.
This one is 10-12 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.