remote delima 35hp evinrude

robert53a

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi, I have a problem that may or maynot be unique. I just bought a 1979 evinrude 35hp remote controlled motor. The harness on this motor has a black plug with a five prong configuration. my boat has the standard red plug side mount controller. the plugs are the same style and shape and when the arrow are aligned they plug into one another. The motor starts and runs fine and the electric choke work fine also, but once started it won't shut off. I had to unplug the gas and wait till the carb runs out. Do I have to buy a new harness for the motor or is there something else that can be done. Sorry for the length, just trying to be thurough. the model # is: 35952A Thanks much....Robert

robert53a

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: remote delima 35hp evinrude

Thanks I have a parts inquirey in with then now.....Robert

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: remote delima 35hp evinrude

One of the 5 wires running through both plugs is black and yellow. At the engine end it would run to and through the smaller 3 wire amphenol to the power pack.

When the ignition switch is turned to off, the black and yellow wire is connected to the black ground wire at the ignition, grounding the powerpack and shutting the engine off.

The task will be to check the circuit at the red plug with your ohmmeter to see that the Black and Yellow wire and the black wire make a complete circuit when the key is in the "Off" position.

If that is working correctly, you will then need to check the engine harness by grounding the black and yellow wire at the large plug to the engine block which will shut down the engine if it is wired correctly.

If the circuits are good the powerpack is bad.

Be careful not to allow any voltage to reach the black and yellow wire or it can instantly destroy the powerpack.

Attachments

• Red Plug.JPG
    Red Plug.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 0