115 temp sensor

captbjack

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hey guys just wandering if it is possible to hook up a temp gauge to my 98 115 spl or if i can just have a warning light?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 115 temp sensor

Teleflex and Faria both have temp gauges. Make sure you get one for an outboard and get the temp sender to match. A temp light would gain you nothing since you already have a temp warning horn.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

CPT Jack, Normally we put water pressure gauges on 'em. The temp horn and the water pressure gauge are a pretty good indicator.

that motor may have a plug on the head water jacket for the pressure or temp fitting. My '98 V6 had a tapped plug in the correct place.

captbjack

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks guys for the info , i have a qaud gauge allready mounted and am limited on space on the console can i just put 2 new sensors in the heads and use my existing gauge cluster? if so what should i ask for and where,since my local "experts" could not find the proper t-stats for my engine.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

I would leave the existing sensors alone and add new ones. Look on the heads for plugs you can remove to add the water temp sensors.

captbjack

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I would leave the existing sensors alone and add new ones. Look on the heads for plugs you can remove to add the water temp sensors.
thanks i will try to find some temp sensors, are they universal or do i need to find ones that will work with my beede gauges?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Normally the gauge will be sold with temp sensors. If you do not have one included, the universal ones should work. Your gauge literature may have the resistance specs. You may be able to match them up to a Tempo sender or some other popular make.