Alternatives to GLM log->vert conversion kit?

erikgreen

Captain
I'm planning on replacing the manifolds/risers on my Sea Ray SRV-210 this spring, since I have no idea when they were last replaced, if ever.

Those following my boat work know that I replaced the original cracked 305 with a reman Chevy 350 from Rapido last summer. I re-used the manifolds for what was left of the season to save some cash after that. My block is the equivalent of an MCM-260.

This spring I'm looking at replacing the manifolds, and I note that the center riser style is much cheaper than the older log style, to the point where a center style pair with a conversion kit is cheaper than new old log style manifolds. I'd like to go with the newer style anyway.

I have bought parts in the past from eBasicPower, and they have a conversion kit for an ok price that has everything needed to go to the center risers. But, it includes GLM manifolds. Several folks here have had some problems with the brand, and I'm not too eager to get them.

Does anyone know of a complete conversion "kit" (or a really good listing of the individual parts to order) that uses OEM or at least a better grade of manifold?

I could cope with the GLM iron (I have a small machine shop) but I'd rather not if I don't have to...

Erik