does any one watch ship shape tv ??

jcsercsa

Captain
I have learned so much more from I boat, but I got the idea of restro of a boat it came from ship shape tv , I just stinks It only on sat here at 10 and this last sat was the frist time i had a sat off in months !!!! and take a guess what ?? turned on tv sat and they had baseball preview on !!! &^^&*#(^%$&%^*) lol I usally get the wife to record it !!!

I was just wondering what everone thought of the show !!!! John

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: does any one watch ship shape tv ??

I watched it religiously years ago, when it dealt with ordinary people's boats and fairly simple and inexpensive repairs.

It has gone the way of "This Old House". It now deals with big bux boats and big bux repair and spends too much time advertizing, in my view. I don't watch it anymore

angus63

Captain

I agree with JB, the show used to be informative for the everyday boater, but now feels like an infomercial for the sponser products. Doesn't interest me anymore. But I do watch the baseball preview shows :D .!!!

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What network is it on??:confused:

tashasdaddy

i don't watch baseball or Ship Shape. agree it was a great informative show. now it deals with out of the price range of the average boater. also is very unrealistic, as people who own these boats, do not do their own repairs, and upgrades. should be classed as an infomercial. it is a real shame they let a good shop go to pot.

tashasdaddy

google ship shape tv, there is be a listing. it is mostly on cable networks, they use it as a filler.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Tried to watch it a couple times, that presenter drives me crazy with his d r a w n .......... o u t narration.....he needs to take a few hundred public speaking courses.

jcsercsa

Captain

i don't watch baseball or Ship Shape. agree it was a great informative show. now it deals with out of the price range of the average boater. also is very unrealistic, as people who own these boats, do not do their own repairs, and upgrades. should be classed as an infomercial. it is a real shame they let a good shop go to pot.

Yea i agree tashasdaddy It has gone out of my price range on a lot of it !!! He did do one here a couple weeks ago on replacing the impeller thought it was petty good !! John

tashasdaddy

you have to remember he is in the really laid back part of the state of Florida.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I watched it last weekend.I really did not learn anything...:rolleyes:
Its like a long commercial.There is a million times more info right here in the forums.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It was good at one time, learned a few things,,,,,,but not as much as this website!

I watch it whenever I can. Caught the last ten minutes of it just today and the differance between a1 and b1 gas lines explained. also showed why using cheap gas line clamps isnt recommended. Best boat show on but I would like to see more boats in my price range. That greek guy is THE MAN

jcsercsa

Captain

OOOHH yes i agree this is the place I learned to do my boat , he put the idea in my head !!! this web site has tought me do much !!! can never thank some of the people on here enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John