Votes: 9 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • need more info

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • rate on scale of 1 -5

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Hello. I am not promoting anything. Nothing is for sale. I need critical feedback on a new IDEA. I have a patent pending and need feedback to see if I should proceed with manufacturing, ect. What do you think - yes, no, need more info? If interested go to'http://stowpro.googlepages.com/'

Last edited:

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I need advice

i do not understand how it works. you need to show it in action

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tread lightly here and remember, no selling or buying on the forums.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the idea! I'll make one for my anchor.

I have changed webpage to clarify that nothing is for sale. Not even close to it. I don't think I can promote something that is not in production. I just want opinions on pro and cons of concept . And I'll consider the guy making one for himself as a positive response, Thanks guys.

tommays

Admiral

I allready use the flukes on the Anchor to store the chain and line so it stays ready for the next drop tangel free :confused:

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice simple solution to a pain in the but problem , simple solutions are the best well done!!

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I voted yes it would sell, but I personally wouldn't buy it. But only because I plan to use a mushroom anchor on an anchor winch. Others might not buy it if they have specific anchor storage accomodations that wouldn't allow for the parts sticking out so far. But overall I do like the idea, and I do think there's a market for it.

cbavier

Lieutenant

I allready use the flukes on the Anchor to store the chain and line so it stays ready for the next drop tangel free :confused:

Tom how do you do that wrap it around the Wings, rods. I use a one Gallon ice cream pail and just coil the ropes in the pail. No fuss and no muss. I can then just pour any water that drains off the ropes in the pail overboard. The pail holds 100 ft of rope real nice and the rope is free to use when setting anchor without tangle. The only thing is the rode doesn't fit in the pail obviously. More rope would just mean you need a bigger pail.

Chuck

To anyone concerned, tell me how to best go about staying within protocol. Like I said - nothing is for sale. I have NEVER sold one. I don't even have one to sale, only prototypes. The only thing I am getting out of this is the varied responses I was looking for- good, bad, and indifferent.

Last edited by a moderator:

jay.robinson15

Seaman Apprentice

To answer the question, I think it would sell, it's a good idea, but like everyone has been saying, watch you don't violate forum rules here.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I prefer a stuff bag for anchor line so it's tangle free every time and you only need to deploy as much line as you need. When you wrap line, especially 3 strand line, around something like that it tends to tangle and not pay out well. However, it looks nice and if you don't use your anchor that often it would be nice to keep everything as a package like that. What keeps it from unwinding though? I couldn't tell what you did with the loose end from the photos.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

nifty enough, it would sell......the impulse buyer would pick it up.

the problem with every new product is marketing and distribution.....

you must get it to the store shelves in order for the public to buy it.....

to do that you must market it to the stores.....this aint easy....

it must be manufactured in enough quantities that the price to purchase is low enough for the stores to add a 100 % mark up.....yup.....

why carry an item that "may" or "may not" sell if you cant make a good margin on it? ......sometimes that puts a product waaaaay out of range for the impulse buyer......

this is also to say nothing of the wholeslalers that will add a mark up as well.

inventing...is tryal and error....not just the invention....but the marketing....there has been a gazillion outstanding ideas go by the wayside because the inventor just concentrated on the invention process and not the marketing/distribution end....this is uasually farmed out to "a friend who can sell"....and that is where a good idea dies.

best of luck.....

cheers
oops

Oops is SO right. There is more to it than I ever imagined. I'll open one door, and that just leads to a dozen more doors,etc, etc.... I am way over my head, that is why I am seeking opinions on this thing.

I seem to be getting impression that it is on the bubble. I think if a company had come up with it, it would have been ok, but maybe not quite a good enough idea for a individual...

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I seem to be getting impression that it is on the bubble. I think if a company had come up with it, it would have been ok, but maybe not quite a good enough idea for a individual...

You could always sell the rights to your idea to a company and still get a good payday from it, and the satisfaction of knowing that you helped put a new product out there that will undoubtedly help some people.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oops is SO right. There is more to it than I ever imagined. I'll open one door, and that just leads to a dozen more doors,etc, etc.... I am way over my head, that is why I am seeking opinions on this thing.

... not necessarily. i like the idea but what protects my bows finish from chain and anchor rub? i'd rather have a holder or mount the anchor snaps into firmly.

g-luck

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

... not necessarily. i like the idea but what protects my bows finish from chain and anchor rub? i'd rather have a holder or mount the anchor snaps into firmly.

g-luck

I would think that ideally you would still be able to mount the anchor where you have it now, with this device. Although it doesn't look like that will be possible with all mounts.