Water problems

Betterbodge

Recruit
Hi every body hope you can help or give me advice I have a 125hp mid 90 mercury after repairs to the mounts on the motor I droped it in the water im not sure if this is normal but when in the water I seem to get water pouring through the top engine mounts when I start going water seems to start getting faster pouring through the mounts but when I go flush it out on the hose I get no water coming through the mounts I cant see how water would be coming up the drive shaft and pouring out the mounts just wondering if this is normal that if anyone has had this before it had new gasket put between the powerhead and the trunk maybe gasket is not sealed properly but I get none on the hose.CheersTim

Betterbodge

Recruit
Re: Water problems

The water pump pumps water very good it comes out with plenty of psi out of the water pipe off the motor and stays very cool but now that you metioned that I will check it I think it should be connected ok also there is a small hole on the trunk just inline with the bottom engine mount when its connected to the hose plenty of water comes out of there and also out of the the hole for the gear selector I thought most of the water comes out the exaust if that gives you more info