Affordable Seat Anchors

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Affordable Seat Anchors

they are the best way, or sit on a milk crate.

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Your local home center (ie. Home Depot or Lowes) will carry some that are NOT stainless but are much cheaper. If you're in fresh water, you may be able to get away with them. I found them near the drywall anchors hanging in plastic bags.

willp2

Seaman

I am in salt, so I need stainless for sure. Just seems a bit steep to have to spend $5 per hole not including the bolt.

Seems reasonable to think that perhaps there is something out there that you don't buy in a marine supply place that will be fraction of the price and allow me to save more money for little things, like gas.

erikgreen

Captain

Talk to a fastener company like Fastenal or an industrial supplier locally. If you get them without the "marine" on them they're about half the price.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Just bite the bullet. Forking out sixty bucks ain't that bad nowadays compared to what your getting (product specifically made for the your purpose) and the elements your exposing it to.

willp2

Seaman

Just bite the bullet.
I totally agree, I just have so many bullets to bite on this thing, that if I can save a few bucks here and there it will make a big difference.

Thanks for the ideas!