What is a comfortable seat

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer
to put into a jon boat for someone who has had a back operation?
I am thinking that maybe a captain's type of seat would be good,
but would like some opinions.
Thanks in advance.

rndn

Commander
Re: What is a comfortable seat

I have had three back operations. I had an aluminum 14 footer and could only sit in it for an hour and had to get out. I found an older John Deere high back lawn tractor seat and mounted it to a swivel base. It was so comfortable I could sit for hours and hours. Looked a little weird but who cares if you're comfortable. Without it I just couldn't use the boat. I've upgraded since then, but I kept the seat for future use. You should be able to pick up an old one around your area for less than 20 bucks.:)

cbavier

Lieutenant

I have had three back operations. I had an aluminum 14 footer and could only sit in it for an hour and had to get out. I found an older John Deere high back lawn tractor seat and mounted it to a swivel base. It was so comfortable I could sit for hours and hours. Looked a little weird but who cares if you're comfortable. Without it I just couldn't use the boat. I've upgraded since then, but I kept the seat for future use. You should be able to pick up an old one around your area for less than 20 bucks.:)

I had two back operations and a 13 ft boat same as above one hour max and I couldn't stand it any longer so I sold the 13 ft and bought a Four Winns Horizon 190. Now I can walk around, sit in the seats and stay out all day long or as long as the Pepsi and snacks hold out or as long as I want to.

Drowned Rat

Captain

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1225.5

This is the marine version of a tractor seat and uses the same closed cell foam. It also drains water if it gets wet. Super comfortable, I have two of them on my inflatable. They provide excellent back support.

DSC03186.jpg

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Last time I was in Tractor Supply looking for hardware, I wandered around and decided I should have bought seats for my boat there...next time I'll know.

cbavier

Lieutenant

I use one of these: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_30333_200004008_200000000_200004000_200-4-8 I can fish all day now without any major problems with my ole bod.

I like the looks of these seats. Do you think they would work on the back to back seat platform. I wouldn't want to give up my under seat storage that I have with the back to back seats. I also have made these back to back seats lockable so I also have secured storage. Remember Back to back seats slide forward and aft.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

I like the looks of these seats. Do you think they would work on the back to back seat platform. I wouldn't want to give up my under seat storage that I have with the back to back seats. I also have made these back to back seats lockable so I also have secured storage. Remember Back to back seats slide forward and aft.

Don't know. They are made to mount on a standard swivel.