'94 Islander '94 Evinrude

burlap

Recruit
Here's my info upfront:

1994 16' Islander Skiff
1994 40HP Evinrude Model: E040TLE

The problem:

My raise/lower isn't working from the throttle. The switch on the engine works (as in it makes the engine move, not broke), however the switch on the throttle isn't making the engine move. I tested the switch on the throttle(good to go), checked all the fuses I could find along the way, and tested voltages at the quick disconnects along the way; all came up clean.

Question 1:

What else could I be missing? The grounds are good, and bad wiring is a long shot.

Question 2:

How bad would it be for me to splice the wiring from the throttle onto the existing for the switch on the engine? Is there any real risk, or reason not to do this? I'm only thinking it could be a single point of failure point (If anything goes wrong, I couldn't use either switch).

Thanks, sorry if it's a FAQ, I'm new! I'm new!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: '94 Islander '94 Evinrude

all connections clean and shiney?

D

DJ

Re: '94 Islander '94 Evinrude

Here's my info upfront:

1994 16' Islander Skiff
1994 40HP Evinrude Model: E040TLE

The problem:

My raise/lower isn't working from the throttle. The switch on the engine works (as in it makes the engine move, not broke), however the switch on the throttle isn't making the engine move. I tested the switch on the throttle(good to go), checked all the fuses I could find along the way, and tested voltages at the quick disconnects along the way; all came up clean.

Question 1:

What else could I be missing? The grounds are good, and bad wiring is a long shot.

Question 2:

How bad would it be for me to splice the wiring from the throttle onto the existing for the switch on the engine? Is there any real risk, or reason not to do this? I'm only thinking it could be a single point of failure point (If anything goes wrong, I couldn't use either switch).

Thanks, sorry if it's a FAQ, I'm new! I'm new!

1. Control handle switch is bad.

2. Easy, just make sure you keep the wire colors straight. Green=down, red=common +, Blue=up.