peanut butter

peacekeeper6

Senior Chief Petty Officer
how do i make this? i dont have clean saw dust, but i do have a piece of roving that came loose that i can tear apart and try to amke penut butter. will this work?

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: peanut butter

according to information ive read...in the olden days they used monst anything...from coffie beans to sand....

if a small section has come loose you can use 5200....

if you want to use the woven to make butter...you will have to ubravel it...as the stregnth is in the strands.....

just take resin....cut the roving in to single strands...and mix well....

if you can get glass bubbles...mix resin with the bubbles...add chopped strand....and thats oops super dooper peanut butter...pat pend..:D

Robj

Lieutenant

I just get some chopped strand, cabosil and resin, mix together and keep addiing cabosil until it is peanut butter consistency. The strand add th the strength of the mixture. Do a search, there are alot of posts on this topic. Unfortunately, mine is not the super duper version, just plain old peanut butter. It is better to kick the resin first and then add the other stuff.

Have a great day,

Rob.

i386

Captain

if you wanted to use saw dust where can you get it from

If you can find someone with a woodworking shop they'll have loads of it. If you have a Home Depot or Lowes nearby, they may have some in the lumber department. This would be from their saw, not for sale. A local cabinet shop will have some fore sure. You might find it at a farm supply store. You can make your own with some scrap wood and a saw. And you can always post a wanted ad on Craigsist.

erikgreen

Captain

And they sell the MAS stuff by the quart here on iboats....

Keep in mind that whatever sawdust you use, you want it to be a) dry b) uniform consistency and c) as fine as possible to enable spreading.

Erik