Can't think....must boat....need spring....

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class
bought a new boat this winter but it was shrink wrapped and I really only got to see a few pics of it. Unlike you lucky southerners I don't even get to see "CHOAS" until may 03 when they deliver and test / teach drive.
I have been trying to get my boat fix any way i can
I have read half the articles in this forum
I have googled every image of the seaswirl 217 deckboat I can find
I just bought a Lowrance H2O C and the stupidly expensive map card to go with it (Gold)
Went out yesterday and bought a chart for the Severn waterway
Bought some sailing book that shows me all the marinas on Lake ontario ("Ports - the cruising guide")
I have been checking the forum twice a day....for what I don't know

I can't wait to get on the water!!

If I had the boat now I would probrally be sitting in it reading this forum.....

Woodee

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Can't think....must boat....need spring....

i reckon yer not alone..........
my buddies in the same boat as you are..... bought him a new stingray last fall. last thursday he finally got it in the water.... i was lucky enough to go along for the break in........ myself, i'm still waiting less than patiently to get mine to the water.... it's not new. but i am just beside myself to see if the repairs i did over the winter have worked out......... i hope, i hope, i hope.........

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Woodee, Congrats!.........sound to me the cold weather hasn't affected you too much. I'd say you are pretty much "normal". Come on spring!

old-gubbins

Petty Officer 3rd Class

"I have been checking the forum twice a day....for what I don't know

If I had the boat now I would probrally be sitting in it reading this forum....."

So you have contracted iboats addictitis!!

There is no cure, but you are not alone!

O-G

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I took delivery of my new pontoon on Wednesday. Friday we had 6 inches of snow. But I know spring is just around the corner as a truck went through the ice so hard water will be soft again in a couple of weeks. My radio controlled Cessna (complete with skis) keeps me sane during the winter.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Regardless of the weather for me. As soon as the ice is gone, the docks and ramps are open, the boat will be in the water. Thats the nice thing of having a heated/Air conditioned cabin. 2005 we launched in early April and spent the first night of the season on it. Woke up the next morning to see 3 inches of snow on the dock! Sure didn't think I would need a snow shovel in my dock locker :D it will be included this year :D

If the weather doesn't change to the better,,,,,,,I may need a chain saw to get the boat in the water,,,,,,,,yeah,,,thats how bad I'm ready to go!!!!.....SS

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spring is here but somebody forgot to tell mother nature!!! 2 more weeks and I'll get my boat out of storage but It'll be a couple of weeks after that before we go out.;)

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:p:p:p:p:p:D

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class

easter bunny just brought me a chainsaw

yeeee hawww

oops!

Supreme Mariner

woddy...you got it bad....and there aint no cure 'cept open water....

i caught my self on the shore of woods lake at the boat launch breaking up the ice....

iboats addictitis is just the beginning.....

after a while...it turns into mbs....multipule boat syndrome....(named by tashasdaddy.......he got to choose the name because he was the first to realize it existed).....

symptoms include ....auto accidents while driving past the marina...rubbernecking......

heavy drooling while a transport drives by with new "craft" on it.

"waking up" from a trance and finding yourself at the local marine shop in the checkout counter with a cart full of...... "goodies"

carressing your boat in the garage...before you de-winterize it...telling her what your going to do to her....

lookin in your back yard to see if theres room for a "fourth"

and worst of all.......it all leads to the same thing......

empty wallettitis ! :eek:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I wasn't getting too ansty to get the boat out until this weekend. Went down to my uncle's cabin where I use my boat to help put the dock in and other pre-season chores. The river, though very high and full of debris, was very inviting. I think if I'd been driving my truck instead of my car I would have had to go pick the boat up from storage and drag it home.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

This pic is from three years ago, first weekend in April. The boat was on top of our floating dock, idling with the unit in the water - pushing the ice floes out into the bay.
I've got a long way to go if I'm going to repeat that this year. We've still got about 14-inches of ice in our bay and it extends a good 3/4 mile out at this point. Our 6-day forecast has one day posting a high of 40 - all others are around freezing. :-(
- Scott

Attachments

• Merc350RunningInIceSmall.jpg
    Merc350RunningInIceSmall.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0

fuzzeywiggler

Petty Officer 1st Class

O yea im getting that itching feeling to get my boat in the water for the first time ever!:) I think its worse the farther north you live not only is it a longer wait but you start buying all the pointless items.

Fuzzey