Another Craigslist funny

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Another Craigslist funny

Sounds like a deal to me. :)

JustJason

Vice Admiral

hmm... could help me with my campfires...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

It wouldn't take much gas in the diesel to ruin the engine.He better pay someone to drain it completely...LOL..
I would go get it for lawn mower gas though..

I did the reverse of that one time. I pumped 10 gallons of diesel in my 72 Roadrunner because i was busy watching a car load of girls in bikinis at the next pump..
Didn't realize it until i got about a mile from the gas station and had white smoke rolling out of the exhaust then the engine died.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

that scares the stuffings outta me every time i pull up to the pump....kids allways put the handles in the wrong spots...and some gas stations have different colored handles...some use green while some use yellow and some even use black... no consistancy.....i allways follow the pump line from the handle to the pump...that way...no mistakes.......gas engines will be ok with diesel...but not the other way round.

just a side note....was in hinton alberta last weekend...diesel was 120 a lieter...thats just shy of 5 bucks a gallon.....jasper alberta...some 60 minits west...was totally sold out of diesel.....!!!!!

cheers
oops

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What if the guy just wants to see his neighbor's fuel tank drained..... :p Put a cheap ad on craigslist..... have sweet revenge on the neighbor by swiping $50 of gas.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i had a diesel isuzu, stolen, creep put gas in it. the car died on the interstate. hwy patrol stopped to help, ran tag, nabbed the crook. i got a new engine.

Coors

Captain

It wouldn't take much gas in the diesel to ruin the engine.He better pay someone to drain it completely...LOL..
I would go get it for lawn mower gas though..

I did the reverse of that one time. I pumped 10 gallons of diesel in my 72 Roadrunner because i was busy watching a car load of girls in bikinis at the next pump..
Didn't realize it until i got about a mile from the gas station and had white smoke rolling out of the exhaust then the engine died.

Gary, you pickled a non-marine, non-sunk engine; due to hormones.

i386

Captain

What if the guy just wants to see his neighbor's fuel tank drained..... :p Put a cheap ad on craigslist..... have sweet revenge on the neighbor by swiping $50 of gas.

Hehe, you know April 1st IS coming up hmmmm............:D

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

I knew a guy in school that put diesel on his gas. He drove it for many more miles but, it sure smoked for awhile.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Gary, you pickled a non-marine, non-sunk engine; due to hormones.
Sure did!:D
It took draining the tank and then about 4 tanks of fresh gas run through it before the smoking totally quit.
I bet the valves were clean! It run great after all of that..;)

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

What did it say it has been marked for removal. I want to know what it said!!!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Sure did!:D
It took draining the tank and then about 4 tanks of fresh gas run through it before the smoking totally quit.
I bet the valves were clean! It run great after all of that..;)
Got a friend here who accidentally put 2 gallons of diesel in his boats tank. He then topped the 18 gallon tank off with gas and 2 stroke oil, and ran it. Says it seems to have decarbed his engine.:D

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I still dont know what the ad said as its removed. I think it had something to do with taking they guy's neighbor's gas? Eather that of free gas if you remove it from a tank cause someone put the wrong gas in their car. If anyone knows what the ad said let us know as its been removed now and i wish i knew what it said.