How to Gap Spark Plugs????

Areleus

Cadet
Friends,

How can I learn to gap my spark plugs? My outboard is a 1985 25 horsepower 2 stroke manual, Serial # for Engine (EO522784), Model # for Engine E25RWCOS.

I want to learn to be more mechanical with the basics and apprecaite all the help you can give me.

Areleus

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to Gap Spark Plugs????

Drop by your friendly auto parts store and pick up a spark plug gapping tool. It'll be a round gizmo with a number of different thickness wire loops around the outer rim. Sometimes they give them away as free advertizing.

JJags3

Seaman

After you buy the aforementioned gapping tool, gap your plugs at .30. Also, make sure you have the right plugs. You can use QL77JC4

Areleus

Cadet

Thanks guys!

What are the right plugs and gaps for a 35 horsepower Evinrude 2 stroke manual start model # E35RCIG???

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer

while we are on the subject of spark plugs. I bought new champion plugs for my 1972 85hp rude and they have no gap like the set that was in it. I ordered the ones that the manual said. What is the difference between gaped and ungapped plugs? Is one better than the other?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The difference is the surface gap was a marketing fad that soon died out because they don't work well. Use the QL77JC4.