Need some help!!!

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1989 startcraft 17' bass boss boat. My question is this, I want to get a windshield for it bc it doesnt have one.....I bought the boat used from an individual and i want to install a windshield. HOW TO I FIND/MAKE ONE? I have no idea where to start bc the boat is an 89 model! The boat has a console on it just no windshield. Also there was never a winshield for it, but there has to be a way to get one i would think?? HELP!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need some help!!!

picture of the boat would help.

you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there you can upload , directly from your computer. besure you pictures have been resized to fit the format. 640x480 max.

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not have a picture of my boat handy. However, i can tell you anything about it that you need to know in order to help me out! Ill try searching the web for an example of it....The console of the boat is aluminum to my knowledge.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Just saw some on ebay. Search "Bass Boat Windshield"...one of those listed may fit your console. Email your dimensions to any one of the manufactures listed. If they don't have it readily available, I'm sure they'll make a custom one to fit your bass rig.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Windshields are expensive. I wanted one for my side console Jonboat and was shocked at the prices. I ended up buying a piece of Lexan from HD and making my own. You can cut the stuff with a table saw. I bought a tube of clear "Lexan Adhesive" but discovered it's just plain old clear silicone caulk.

Total cost was about 30 bucks and 2 hours of my time. Of course, it's not smoked or curved, but it sure is functional. I don't have any pictures yet.