New here, whats the key to getting help?

anglersaxon

Cadet
Is there a key to getting help that I am missing? I have three views and no replies on an electrical problem. Please let me know if i missed something on protocol, ettiquette, anything.......

cbavier

Lieutenant
Re: New here, whats the key to getting help?

Welcome aboard to i boats.

Just ask the question. At the bottom of the page is a drop down menu with different classifications. Like Engine, Boat, Sail etc. etc. Just it new post like you did after selecting the category and type away. It's called Forum Jump

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Start your new thread with a brief but clear title which identifies the problem. In the body of your first post, state the engine manufacturer (make sure you post in the right category), the year and the HP rating. If you don't know the year exactly, post the model number.

Provide an easily understood description of the problem that you are having, including all of the symptoms that you are experiencing. If the problem is related to poor power development, doing a compression test on the motor before posting is a good idea simply because that is one of the most important barometers of engine health.

I think you will find folks here to be very knowledgeable and very helpful.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

So sorry you had to wait. There is no paid staff to answer questions, it's all volunteers. We don't always read threads if we have no direct experience to share. Not to mention which, it's Saturday evening, I guess some of us have lives. Myself, I was fishing, then had fish to clean.

anglersaxon

Cadet

Thanks again. My earlier post was answered. I'll be as specific as possible in the future.

jasono2l

Seaman

all you have to do is ask. Most of the people in here are very helpful.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Hey! I have a life! He's 2-1/2, takes most of my money and time, and is sleeping in his room right now, dreaming of the time that a mullet jumped in front of the boat and ended up on the front deck. He still hollers "get outta my boat, fishie" from time to time!

5150abf

Vice Admiral

You have it easy Jay, I have a wife and 3 teenage daugters!!!
Thankfully I also have workshop and a boat.

wavrider

Chief Petty Officer

Jay those are the good years at that age.

Then they grow up to be teenagers. I have a shop and three boats, six engines to keep me busy, then my son discovered wrenches, now I feel like I work for national geographics, it is an expedition to find anything in my garage:)

Probaly me getting old and feeble minded, but for now I can always say that my son never put it up that is why I cant find it.