1982 60hp won't get full throttle

phillips407

Cadet
1882 60hp runs good to 3/4 throttle-no problem, very smoothe. If you push it on up it stutters and goes fast and immediately backs down--over and over--just won't kick on up to full speed. Bulb doesn't collapse, pumping doesn't effect it, new, clean fuel mix.--starts good, idles good and planes out good, up to about 3/4 throttle. What should I check next? Thanks---Phillip

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 60hp won't get full throttle

1882 60hp runs good to 3/4 throttle-no problem, very smoothe. If you push it on up it stutters and goes fast and immediately backs down--over and over--just won't kick on up to full speed. Bulb doesn't collapse, pumping doesn't effect it, new, clean fuel mix.--starts good, idles good and planes out good, up to about 3/4 throttle. What should I check next? Thanks---Phillip

Give the carbs a service and do a decarb with seafoam. Do a compression check and a spark test. Let us all know what results you get.
What is your set up ??? boat, motor, load etc ???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i would say clogging high speed jets, can't get enough fuel to run wot.

phillips407

Cadet

Give the carbs a service and do a decarb with seafoam. Do a compression check and a spark test. Let us all know what results you get.
What is your set up ??? boat, motor, load etc ???
Set-up is: 13ft Boston Whaler, portable fuel tank, 2 batteries and trolling motor--Driver @ 190lbs. I'll try what you suggest--Thanks--

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Set-up is: 13ft Boston Whaler, portable fuel tank, 2 batteries and trolling motor--Driver @ 190lbs. I'll try what you suggest--Thanks--
Should go a treat with that set up.
What RPM are you at when it stutters ?? and what speed are you doing at that point ??