F1 is back! YeeeeHAW

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
YES!! Real advanced engine and aerodynamic technology, real racing. . .changing gears, braking, turning left and right, on a dozen different corners.:D

I am so bored with NASCAR dominating television. It's on every ratzakratza sports channel every danged day!! :mad: Granted, NASCAR drivers must absolutely master a few skills beyond human understanding, but going in circles for several hundred laps, then racing for 10 just puts me to sleep.

Yes, I raced NASCAR, mostly on dirt, and it was real racing in those days of yore. I also raced karts (a lot more fun) and I raced SCCA-type sports cars on road courses. Vehicles differed, engines differed, tracks differed in ways other than distance. That was my idea of real racing. Modern NASCAR racing is more like balancing a 20' broomstick on your nose and walking in circles for three or four hours.

Watched the practice last night. Some of the second tier teams are going a lot faster than last year. Should be a very competitive season.

Qualifying tonight, Australian Grand Prix tomorrow night, on the NASCAR (um, SPEED) Channel.:)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: F1 is back! YeeeeHAW

Seems like the closest race to me (geographically) will be the Montreal, Canada in June.

Nascar is like a soapbox derby compared to F1. I still root for the Toyota but Ferrari is tough to beat!

36 ;) or in JB terms 24036 ! :D

Last edited:

Bigprairie1

Commander

Seems like the closest race to me (geographically) will be the Montreal, Canada in June.

Nascar is like a soapbox derby compared to F1. I still root for the Toyota but Ferrari is tough to beat!

36 ;) or in JB terms 24036 ! :D

I'm with ya' on this one. F1 racing is a very high skill driving event...and as well, worth the great trip to Montreal to see it. If you do it...you'll have a blast all around. A great racing event in a really cool city. Me and a friend of mine are considering heading back east over the next couple of years to catch it. He's an F1 nut and this may be the closest he comes to seeing one.
BP:cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Exciting to watch and great to be at. A real motorsport.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The St Petersburg GP is coming up shortly. A great race on our city streets just South of the downtown area.